This section includes pronunciation guides, Q&A sites for multiple subjects, and research tips. Check back. This site will be updated.
- http://www.howjsay.com – This is a guide to correct pronunciation of words. This enables a student to work independently.
- http://inogolo.com/pronunciation – This is especially useful for pronouncing hard-to-pronounce names.
- http://www.oddcast.com/home/demos/tts/tts_example.php – For writing lessons, I had my student listen to his sentences read to him by this text-to-speech program. His favorite feature is having it read back in variety of accents.
- http://www.pronouncehow.com – This pronounces words in different languages.
- https://sites.google.com/site/phoneticallyintuitiveenglish – A free Chrome extension that shows English word pronunciations by diacritics.
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xc6cfJztR8A – 79 Common Mispronunciations – mental_floss
- Quizlet.com – Here you can create a playlist of difficult-to-pronounce and difficult-to-spell words.
- 765-2440, http://www.hemetpubliclibrary.org – Ask a librarian
- 927-2611, http://rivlib.info/riverside-county-library-system – Ask a librarian
- 888-986-2345 Dial-A-Teacher – Monday-Thursday from 1pm to 4pm.
- 877-827-5462 Harvey Mudd College – Sunday-Thursday from 6pm to 9pm.
- 888-567-6284 Math on Call – Monday-Thursday 4pm to 5pm.
MISCELLANEOUS ANSWER SITES
- http://main.rivcoeda.il.brainfuse.com/authenticate.asp – daily 1pm – 10pm
- http://www.mathhelp.com/college-algebra-tutoring.php – 5th grade and up
- http://www.reasons.org/education/educators-help-desk/overview – Science
- http://www.askamathematician.com – Answers questions in maths and physics
- http://www.mathgoodies.com/homework – Students can post specific math homework problems that they need help with. Volunteer educators from around the world guide students with solving these problems.
- http://www.creationtoday.org/about/contact-us – Search their website or contact them directly to ask questions about science or the Bible.
- http://mathoncall.org – Math on Call by Great Source – is available at our local library
- http://www.library.ca.gov/Tutor/libraries.html – California libraries with helplines
- 888-564-6173 Pastor’s Perspective – lines open at 2:55pm – Christians or Bible
- http://www.whatbird.com – Bird Identification
- http://www.socalwild.com – Wildlife Identification
- http://octrackers.com – Animal Tracks Identification
- http://www.whatsthatbug.com/comments-and-questions – Bug Identification
- https://www.facebook.com/groups/156706504394635 – Plant Identification
- https://www.facebook.com/groups/ediblewildplants – Edible Wild Plants
- http://jmdc.org/downloads/?did=40 – Biblical trees & plants that grow locally
- http://nativeplantwildlifegarden.com – Native Plants blog
- http://www.laspilitas.com – Las Pilitas Native Plants database
- https://www.facebook.com/pages/Community-Gardening-Club-of-Hemet-San-Jacinto-Valley/456378571060767 – Local gardeners
- http://www.eattheweeds.com – Edible Weed Identification
RESEARCH SITES FOR ESPECIALLY FOR YOUNG SCHOLARS
- http://www.homeworkspot.com – a free homework information portal that features the very best K-12 homework-related sites
RESEARCH SITES AND TIPS
- http://www.patentlens.net/daisy/bios/1107 – How to do Boolean searches.
- http://www.purplemath.com/modules/venndiag.htm – Venn Diagrams
- http://rivlib.info/riverside-county-library-system – Riverside County Library System
- http://www.library.ca.gov/services/online-resources.html – for State Government
- http://www.freetech4teachers.com/2013/08/three-good-advanced-search-options-for.html#.UgGEXG2IbNI – advanced search engines
- http://www.hometrainingtools.com/internet-research/a/1381 – Internet Research Tips
- http://scholar.google.com – Google Scholar
- http://www.freetech4teachers.com/2014/02/browse-hundreds-of-old-newspapers-in.html – Browse Hundreds of Old Newspapers in the Google News Newspaper Archive