The following is LAST YEAR’S event. They haven’t posted the 2012 schedule, yet. I like to plan out as much of my whole summer as I can so I am posting this for a reference. If you are interested in this program, the first thing to know is it is only held on Saturdays. I will be checking back each week for updates.
* * *
This summer Jr. Naturalist program begins Saturday June 25th and runs through Saturday August 27th. The program hours are 10:00am – 12:00pm. We will be building skills in careful observation, thinking, exploration and investigation within a variety of topics. The programs are appropriate for ages 7yrs to 11yrs, younger ages with a parent. All children programs include a forest nature walk, snacks, and work books.
Cost is $3.00 per person and $2.00 for members of the Friends of the San Jacinto Mountain County Parks.
1. June 25- Inference or Observation ( Sequencing that pairs observation with inferring)
2. July 2- Water Cycle (What comes around goes around)
3. July 9 – Tough Turtles through time (Interpretive Supervisor Nancy Wenzel)
4. July 23- Beyond Predictions (Sink or float activities)
5. July 30 – Envirothoning (Hands on learning stations of the environment)
6. August 6 – The Nose Knows (When a scent is worth a thousand words)
7. August 20 – Budding Botanist (Get to the root of it)
8. August 27 – Seeing Is Believing (Learning to look, looking to see)
Idyllwild Nature Center
25225 Highway 243
Idyllwild, CA 92549