Update as of 2014: The next Financial Peace University class will be available in the fall of 2014. The class and instructor information is still current.
* * *
Financial Peace University begins on Tuesday, September 18th-November 13, 2012 6:30 pm-8:00 pm. Participants may attend the first class for FREE.
The class is FREE, but the kit needed to do homework is $100 per family. It includes a lifetime family membership to Financial Peace University that allows you and your family members to return to any class at any time for a refresher.
The kit includes a workbook, the envelope system, audio lessons, CD,
budgeting forms, debit card holder, and Dave Ramsey’s book “Financial Peace”.
To sign up for this class contact Jason King at:
Bible Fellowship Church
26835 Columbia Street, Hemet
Please note this class is repeats each September and January. Friends, that have attended this course, highly recommend it. I will attend this class when my son has the ability to absorb and put to use this invaluable information.
In the meantime, my son and I have been listening to Dave Ramsey’s radio program online and find that it is pretty much the same as Your Money or Your Life by Joe Domengues and Vicky Robins. The big difference is Dave Ramsey’s presentation is a lot more engaging.
Although the class is geared toward adults, there is no minimum age to attend the class. As long as your child can sit quietly, he can attend. I wish I had this class when I was in high school. I am very proud to say my son (age 11) is looking forward to taking this class. My son’s financial goal is to live within his means so he does NOT become a slave to debt. Isn’t he a smart boy?
You can listen to his daily radio program at http://www.daveramsey.com. There are several Dave Ramsey books in our local library that are in book and audio book form.
If you can read this post, then YOU HAVE NO EXCUSE to live in financial ignorance. Bless your children with the gift of financial literacy. I dare you!
I highly recommend that you share these with your whole family. Going into debt is so easy. By choosing debt debt you are choosing slavery. I pray you chose freedom.
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qDMjd2ECFg&feature=related – This 8-minute video is just precious.
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2Xx3mN5XSU – Dave Ramsey: How to Get Out of Debt
- http://www.daveramsey.com/show/radio – Radio Program
- https://www.youtube.com/user/DaveRamseyShow – Radio Program on YouTube
I don’t have debt. I have a peaceful relationship with my husband and pre-teen child. We also do not have many things that folks take for granted. Living below our means has always been considered preferable to spending beyond our means. That said, I know folks that did all the above and got pummeled by insurmountable medical expenses. I lost count of how many I know have had extended unemployment. I also know three people who were financially ruined by identity theft.
The following program appears to be a good solution. Is it a hoax? I don’t know. I submit it here for your consideration and pray that you exercise heaps of discernment.
- http://www.nextworldtv.com/videos/occupy-earth/occupy-wall-streets-plan-to-erase-your-personal-debt.html – Plan to erase personal debt
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=UfPQVH6TxM4 – Rolling Jubilee – people’s bailout of the 99 percent
Resources Available at the library:
- How to Have More Than Enough : A step-by-step guide to creating abundance by Dave Ramsey. 2000
- More Than Enough: The ten keys to changing your financial destiny by Dave Ramsey. 2002
- Financial Peace Revisited by Dave Ramsey. 2003
- The Money Answer Book: Quick answers to your everyday financial questions by Dave Ramsey. 2010
- Entreleadership: 20 years of practical business wisdom from the trenches by Dave Ramsey. 2011
- The Total Money Makeover: A proven plan for financial fitness by Dave Ramsey. 2013
The Legacy Journey: A Radical View of Biblical Wealth and Generosity by Dave Ramsey. 2014
- Smart Money Smart Kids: Raising the next generation to win with money by Dave Ramsey. 2014
Children’s Resources Available at the library:
- My Fantastic Fieldtrip: Junior discovers saving by Dave Ramsey. 2003
- Careless At The Carnival: Junior discovers spending by Dave Ramsey. 2003
- The Big Birthday Surprise: Junior discovers giving by Dave Ramsey. 2003
- The Super Red Racer: Junior discovers work by Dave Ramsey. 2003
- Battle of The Chores: Junior Discovers Debt by Dave Ramsey. 2005
- A Special Thank You: Junior discovers integrity by Dave Ramsey. 2006
* * *
We all want progress, but if you’re on the wrong road,
progress means doing an about-turn and walking
back to the right road; in that case, the man who
turns back soonest is the most progressive.